Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Can you get used to certain style of Worship Leader?


If this post reaches the eyes of my Pastor, I wonder if she would twist my ear, and twist it hard...hehe....

Anyway, there is this particular worship leader in my church, which I have problem with. Not with the person though, but the way he leads the worship. Every time he leads, I would know that it's going to be a one way street. Meaning, he will lead and will sing, but I would find it hard to follow and participate. For most of the time, I would just keep quiet and look down to the floor, hoping that there will be a song that I know and that I can participate in. I always tried very hard to let the lyrics go down into my heart, sometimes I tried too hard. I usually have no idea of the songs he chooses. And the worst of all, he likes to go solo and intentionally goes off tune. Yes, I mean intentionally. He knows the tune but chooses to goes off tune to be different. Throughout the whole worship session, we usually cannot hear our own voice, except for his. And there will be many times where we have to listen to his singing especially when he starts to sing using his own words, again and again with no lyrics whatsoever on the projector. And he is a master of repetitions...for the same chorus, he can go on and on for at least 5 times and the final few times is when he would display his art of going off tune (or pitch...donno which is which... :P )

My brother, do you mind if we be allowed to participate in the worship? Are you leading us to worship and sing praises or are you singing to us? Do you think we enjoy listening to you singing especially for most of the time, I feel that you are just shouting to us? Sigh, as much as I hate to say this, you gives me the impression of 'shiok sendiri....'

For those fuming with what I wrote, please don't go into defensive mode ler....

I know what you going to tell me -
".... if you want change then you must be the change, meaning..., participate in worship ministry lor... don't just stand there and be a commentator only... "

To that I have no response and offer no excuse. If you think I am just being fussy and difficult and that my comments are not justified... just ignore me lor... I am just saying out loud of what I think mar....not that I go and forward to every member of the church...

Sometimes, I just feel so guilt ridden for wanting the praise and worship to end quickly...

Perhaps I can check with my brother in the worship ministry so that he will inform me weekly on who the worship leader is for every coming sunday...

let me know.........., let me know................., if you think I am a terrible trouble maker for the church...

0 anak ayam bother to comments: