Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A wish fulfilled...

It was always my wish to visit my grandparents (especially the Grand old Master Chai) in Mersing. Last weekend, God granted me this wish. Some may wonder why the sudden I become so godly. Well, even if you don't believe in God in many things, you got to accept the fact that God is the only one that giveth and taketh life. ...

My grandfather was diagnosed with liver cancer a month back. Tumour was also detected at his kidneys. I got over the shock phase pretty soon, and the main thing on my mind was to spend as much time as possible with him. I love my grandfather, he is wise, he is wacky, he is easy going and above all, he loved the Lord with all his heart. One will never feel bored having him around, and although he still indulge in verbal fighting with my grandmother occasionally, I guess, my grandmother will miss these fighting session more than anyone else.

We reached Mersing late Saturday morning. We took the Kluang-Kahang road. We initially thought of stopping at Kluang morning market to get some roast pork (his favourite), but decided otherwise. Upon reaching Mersing, I walked straight into the kitchen without them realising. They have lovingly bought packets of Nasi Dagang from the morning market for the both of us. I whacked 4 packets of the rice while my gf finish three.

In front of the the house

My grandfather still looks the same, albeit much thinner. Gone are the broad shoulder that he used to have. (he used to be a body builder in his younger days) Currently, he is not taking any medicine for his condition (nothing usefull to take...it seems...) but is relying on some traditional chinese medicine and raw aloe vera. He knows his time is pretty much up but he is quite positive about it. On a positive note, besides the occasional pain that he felt, he is pretty much normal, munching on anything that he likes. I am still amaze on how he chew on all the meat and glutinous rice when he hasn't any teeth left.

Dinner in front of a neighbour house

I have always cherish the opportunity to attend the sunday service with him at the Presbyterian church in Mersing. Again, my wish were granted. They are very attentive the moment the service begins until the end of the sermon. I have difficulty listening to both the worship leader and the pastor. They sound too soft, pretty much like murmuring. But the problem lies in the speaker system. My preliminary guess was that someone tweak the equaliser and somehow increase the base disproportionately. I am no audio expert, but given the chance, I would want to take a look at it and hopefully be able to help.


See how attentive they are. . .

Although the time we spent in Mersing was for only a short period of 2 days one night, both me and my gf cherish every moment of it. In fact, we are entertained by the continuous antics of both my gong gong and poh poh. Let us hope that we will meet up and be able to spend more quite moments together soon.

1 anak ayam bother to comments:

Anonymous said...

you grandpa is very cute..ehhehee

anyway thanks for your comment, well its true that you do not need to go very far...but I hardly go anywhere so Sydney was my firs trip away from the country...and I'm a pessimist..hehehee so....u knowlah...