Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 13

I still remember when my parents caution me not to mention anything about May 13 for fear of being charge by the police. That was during my primary school days. For many years, what really happen during May 13 was never documented, nor did we studied it in our history classes.


All I know was that during May 13, the Chinese is being slaughtered in Malay dominated areas and the same thing happen to the Malays in Chinese areas. Right until now, we still get advised from our old ones not to purchase any house in a Malay dominated areas. I couldn't understand the fear and insecurity, especially when I have always mixed with other races pretty well and even my Father have and continue to make friends with the Malays. So what is May 13?

We were living at Salak South Garden during those times. My mother was back home after work while my father is on his way to Klang. Little did she knows that he will not be back for the day and many days later. While riding his Vespa, he was slashed at the abdomen by a group of Malays. He falls off and was pulled to the road side to die. It seems that when he regain consciousness, he make his way to the nearest police station. He was lucky to survive the incident. Until now, the scar is still very much obvious, a 1.5 feet long scar across the obdomen. According to my mum, my father health was never the same after that episode. I can imagine the agony of my mum waiting for the return of my dad and the lack of news for subsequent few days....

That was trying times...

Right now, there are news that the May 13 book will be banned... I hope not, and I will be the first to grab a copy once the second print is out...

Based on what the leaders of our country are doing, based on what the ulamak is preaching at the mosque, I would not be surprised that a similar trajedy like May 13 will revisit us in not too distant future.

Already all the mainstream papers and TV station is owned by the ruling political parties. Already the lay man is brainwashed with the constant state propaganda. We have so many corrupted and oppurtunistic politician. We have a toothless Anti Corruption Agency, Election Commision and we even have a manipulative Son In Law. Just check out the New Strait Times and you will his face appearing again and again on a daily basis. Any Ali, Ah Kau or Raj will know that he is trying to build an image of Malay ultra.

And then we have religious leader like Perak Mufti, the Harussani fella. Perhaps you would question how I know what they preach at the mosque since I don't attend any...well.....come to my place and you will hear the sermon loud and clear. Not satisfied with the load broadcast for azan, they even broadcast their sermon. So much hate, so much kafir mengkafir.

Thank God that I am not born a Malay in this country, Thank God I am not force to follow a religion where the Prophet has such a violent and vicious conduct. Thank God that I am not oblige to defend a religion which has so many injustice recorded in it's Holy Book.

Click here for the Wafa Sultan debate...


Updates 21 May 2007, 11.45am
Checked with Popular Bookstore, Ikano. The stock has not arrive yet. According to Malaysiakini, the second print of 5000 copies should have reach the shelves by now. Wonder if it will reach the bookstore at all.
Checked with
Borders, The Curve. They said it was banned, not selling it. Emm...it was not banned! Not officially. These people have no guts!

Updates 22 May 2007, 06.23pm
The book is AVAILABLE at Popular Ikano Power Center!!!! Yeah baby yea.....

Updates 22 May 2007, 09.51pm
Bought 3 copies.....hurray!!! While leaving Popular, I notice an old apek was walking to the cashier with at least 10 of these books on hand...
By the way, not many copies remaining on the rack, but it seems there are plenty more in the store.

Read here on how the KDN fella 'rampas' 10 copies without paying!

FYI, we can still get it online in Malaysiakini....through the KiniBooks

2 anak ayam bother to comments:

Anita Tahir said...

You just hurt me... :-( Islam is not a full-of-hate religion but sometimes those people (those fanatic and frantic fellas lah) make it sound and look so jahat... pls don't potray our Prophet as terrorist. He is not.

I am not a devotee Muslim but reading your comment on the end of this article hurt me so. Sob sob!

About MAY 13, too many version I've read. So I prefer the history written in Wikipedia coz it doesn't aside either Malay or Chinese.

Chicken Feet aka KaKiaYam said...

hi anita,

I am sorry to have hurt you. But that was not the intention. I have always reminded myself to be an agent of peace, not hate. Although sometimes my emotions do get the better of me.

Anita, please take the posting as a form of me 'thinking aloud'. The stand that I am taking now can, and will be altered with time. Our life is a journey and as our wisdom grows, so does our view of things around us. I am not proud of my views on Islam nor will I stubbornly maintain such a view should there be reasons for me to think otherwise.

I admit my views are imperfect and there will always be an element of bias. As such, we should always engage each other in our views so as to enlarge our perspective of things. I seek not to change your views, but I seek your understanding and the exchange of it.

I do not think Islam is a full of hate religion. If you know me, you would have know that I have full respect for many muslims...and one of them is Mufti of Perlis, and people like Malik Imtiaz, Haris Ibrahim and many more.

Anita, I hope that you could do some research and fact finding to know why people suggest that Nabi Muhammad is a person with violent conduct. And based on these statement, explain to us where these statements went wrong. I fervently hope that you won't attempt to shut me off just like Nazri and many radical muslim do. Argue with us intellectually. Our ears are open.

As for the May13, I am not presenting another version to you. What I am presenting here is the viewpoint of a victim of May13. If you re-read my posting again, you would have notice that I did not put the blame on anyone nor did I attempt to suggest the groups(person) behind May13. The fact remains that my father was innocently slashed and left to die by Malays. Do I hold a grudge against Malay? NO! We all are just victim of circumstances and state propaganda by crooked politician for their own hidden agenda.

God created Adam and Eve. He created us equal in His eyes. It's human that try to classify us according to our race, religion and what not.

Have a good day anita.

God bless.