Sunday, November 25, 2007

One Short, One Long

I have always suspected that one of my leg is longer than the other. The only thing that I have difficulty finding out is which is longer, or which is actually shorter. You may think it's easy to know which is shorter, but I don't think so. For example, when I am standing upright for a period of time, my left leg feel tired easily. Now, one may deduce that my left leg is shorter, since it get tired first. The logic was that the shorter leg will have to support the body. The other leg will be naturally extended and only supporting the weight of the body partially. But if you think of it, shouldn't the right leg is the one that is shorter? The longer left leg is supporting the majority of the weight since the shorter leg will only be touching the floor only slightly...

emm...i am getting confused...any doctors out there that may assist me?

recently i have been doing a lot of up hill trekking, in preparation for my KK climb in 4 months time. And I have found out that my left leg gets tired much faster than the right one. What would that means?

Whether it's my left or right leg that is shorter, these imbalance may be caused by the tremendous amount of footdrill that I am into during my secondary school days. We were in PBSM....
Bulan Sabit Merah di Malaysia,
Giat berjasa untuk Negara,
Tanpa Kaum dan Agama,
Waktu Aman atau Bahaya.

That was part of the song that I still remembers...
Honestly I think footdrill during those young time is pretty unhealthly to the growth of our bones. We constantly push ourselves to step on the uneven concrete floor as hard and as fast as we could. The examiner (during competition) are usually impressed with a display of strength, power and uniformity when all of us hit to the floor with a loud thud at the same time. The problem is that most the hard stepping is done by the left leg.

Anyone has any data on how to diagnose or measure our leg length?

2 anak ayam bother to comments:

Anonymous said...

You are now baptised as "Uneven Chicken Feet". UCF....

To check which leg is shorter, use a measuring tape.

To even out the legs, try jumping on the longer leg 100 times a day for the next one year.

My Chiro told me. And he charged me RM80 bucks. So now, you owe me half of that!

Chicken Feet aka KaKiaYam said...

i think measuring the leg is out of the question. The difference of 5mm will be hard to measure.

as for the jumping 100 times...well, will try that, but if it doesn't work, then you owe me 3650 times of one legged jump....

keke...