Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back to Hometown on June 2009

Was back to hometown for an important date. Wedding Photo Taking...!!

Weeks before the day approaches, I was having mixed feelings. No, it's not that I am afraid of getting married, but whether I should go for a diet. You see, for the past 1 month, I have been gaining weight. My weight has always been hovering around 81kg, but now it's approaching 86kg. Seriously, I am not bothered with the extra bulge at my stomach, but I am just worried that I will look fat in the photos. And 20 years from now when my children see these photos, I can't bulls... that their dad used to be super fit and muscular....

Anyway, the photo session went well. Christine has more shots than me, but the end album will have more of my photos than hers. She's not satisfied with the result of the photos, hence most of the photos selected are mine. We had some arguments while shortlisting these photos, especially on photos which I feel that she looks good but she adamantly thinks otherwise. Of course, as I have been forewarned by my brother Soni - should there be any disagreements in wedding preparation, remember to backdown and agree to all the other party opinion....hehehe.... My response is - you think that is easy to do meh?

On the next day, after church service at Vision Johor Jaya, we plan to visit sister Ivy in Kulai with sis Sun Mei (my wedding coordinator). We had some good beef noodles at Kulai before proceeding to Pontian. There were many durian stalls on our way to Pontian, but our sister Ivy insist on having only Pontian durian. While I failed to understand the difference between the durian in Pontian and from other places, I did warned her that she may not find any in Pontian itself. It's like the trip we made to Kuala Selangor during Hari Raya Haji or Korban. There were plentiful of roadside makeshift stalls selling rendang and freshly barbequed lemang. But we wanted to buy it at Kuala Selangor, hoping that it will be tastier and cheaper. But we find not a single stall upon reaching there....hehe...

Upon reaching Pontian, and as expected - durian nowhere to be seen. We spend a short time with Christine's family before proceeding to Kukup fishing village and hopefully finding some durian on the way there. The first thing that I wish to do upon reaching Kukup is to find the primary school that is build on stilts. This is so that I can visit the toilet and relive a decade old experience of pissing to the sea! But alas, the school were locked. On the other hand, sister Ivy is enquiring every shop by the road for Coconut Jelly. Now, what is coconut jelly? and why in Kukup? It seems that Coconut jelly is the new in-thing nowadays. And for more than 10 stalls which we asked, most of them run out of stock.

We went back to Pontian late evening and on the way, stop by the roadside to have durian. The durian is cheap and we have a great time eating on the spot. Sis Ivy actually gave us a tip on how to remove the durian adour from our hands after eating. It seems that it can be effectively removed by running waters through the outer shells and cleaning our hands with these waters!!

okay, I have to admit that the smells is indeed not there.....but I just can't verify if the smell is still there without having waters running through the shells....

we finally reached Pontian around 8pm and we proceed to the hawker center. The must have item for the trip is Satay BABI!!! Yes, this is the typical satay which we are familiar of, but with pork! And they taste heavenly! Of course there are others tasty hawker food but the star is still and definately Satay Babi!

FYI, Pontian is also famous for the Pontian Wanton Mee which are only available in the afternoon and early evening.

Some shots which we have taken....


0 anak ayam bother to comments: